[Qgis-developer] custom forms with qt4 - problem with combo box

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Wed Jul 3 00:26:26 PDT 2013

Dear qgis-devs,

I am creating a custom form with Qt4-Editor based on these great hints from
here

http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/creating-dynamic-forms-a-new-feature-headed-for-qgis-1-4/
http://nathanw.net/2011/09/05/qgis-tips-custom-feature-forms-with-python-logic/

When I open the form in QGIS for editing my layer, I get a problem using an
'editable' ComboBox that I created in Qt4. I can input new data, but the
dropdown list is not working. I can click on the dropdown button but the
list does not appear, even though there are already values stored in that
respective column.
When I change the layer field properties in QGIS to not editable (untick the
editable check box), the dropdown list is working, but I cannot edit the
field anymore.

Any ideas what is going wrong here?

Stefan