[Qgis-developer] new icons

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 01:28:57 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have been redrawing a few PNG icons last days.
I have already changed the identify and action icon as shown on the
right of the printscreen.

Two commits are on their way to get accepted for selection and system icons:
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/693
<https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/693/files>
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/692

I think the pan icons are a more debatable point.
I tried 2 news designs.
Image attached or
https://f.cloud.github.com/assets/127259/748218/16c720c0-e482-11e2-9058-58a5d24d56b5.png

Could you tell what you think about them?
1. Keep current
2. Hand style
3. Pad and arrow style

Of course we can have a combination, so please specify pan or panToSelected.

I think it's a good time to update these icons, and will give QGIS a
fresh look for 2.0.
I took the initiative of doing so on my own. I started with two awful
icons (identify and action), and I felt like going on.... So if you
think things should not be changed, please say it, so I won't spend too
much time on this.
And if you like the changes, you can also say so ;)

Greetings,

Denis