[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS 1.8 in openSUSE 12.3

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Fri Jul 5 01:04:31 PDT 2013

Hi Nikos,

why don't you use the packages from application:geo repository:
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#24-openSUSE

And if you need to compile, you can take a look at the spec file here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Application:Geo/qgis?expand=1&file=qgis.spec

Maybe this helps

Regards
Otto

Am Thu, 04 Jul 2013 23:51:27 +0300
schrieb nik at nikosalexandris.net:

> Hi QGIS devs!
>
> I recently switch (and still am in a testing phase) from (K)Ubuntu to
> openSUSE (12.3).  Feels great so far, stable -- very.
>
> I am trying to  compile QGIS 1.8 from source but I have some difficulties
> as I am not sure how similar the "process" is comparing to (K)Ubuntu
> (Debian-based) Linux.
>

> I think I have (already) installed build dependencies with
>
> sudo zypper si -d qgis
>
> Reading installed packages...
> Resolving package dependencies...
>
> Nothing to do.
>

> Next, I have instructed in "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/osgeo.conf"
>
> /osgeo/src/Quantum-GIS/build/output/lib/
>

> The configuration (ccmake) goes fine and then, the compilation fails:
>
> Linking CXX shared library ../../output/lib/libqgis_gui.so
> [ 47%] Built target qgis_gui
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> The file mentioned above exists in
>
> /osgeo/src/Quantum-GIS/build/output/lib/libqgis_gui.so
>

> What is next to do/search in order to get qgis compiled?
>
> Thanks, Nikos

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee