[Qgis-developer] Poll about Windows Version

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Jul 5 01:34:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

QGIS is used by many environmental NGOs. Their work is most of the time
based on voluntary work. These volunteers have quite often older
machines -> 32bit.
If 32bit is abandoned will QGIS community lose hundreds or thousands of
users. The counter how many units (QGIS applications) has been
downloaded does not show all these installations where only one package
has been downloaded but installed into ten computers !
Even if the summer is hot You should be calm when doing assessment when
to drop 32bit out of games.

Best regards,
Kari

--
Kari Salovaara
Hanko, Finland

"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart." ~Elizabeth Andrew