[Qgis-developer] Installation of qgis-1.8.0-9.10 in openSUSE fails

nik at nikosalexandris.net nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jul 5 02:38:47 PDT 2013

(Sorry for mixing-up the threads, various tech issues)

Otto Dassau:
> Hi Nikos,

Hallo Otto,

> why don't you use the packages from application:geo repository:
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#24-openSUSE

I need to compile from source as I compile other stuff from source, i.e. latest
grass64 including various fixes (+ no fun :D).

> And if you need to compile, you can take a look at the spec file here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Application:Geo/qgis?expand=1&f
> ile=qgis.spec

Already did! In fact I used to manually create a list of dependencies:

zypin flex bison cmake fdupes txt2tags libexpat-devel gsl gsl-devel libproj-
devel libgeos libgeos-devel gdal libgdal1 libgdal-devel grass-devel python-
devel python-xml python-gdal python-sip python-sip-develqwt-devel python-qt4
python-qt4-devel libQtWebKit-devel libqt4-devel libqt4-qt3support sqlite
sqlite-devel libspatialindex0 libspatialindex-devel postgresql-devel update-
desktop-files

Indeed, there were packages that were not installed via "zypper si --build-
deps-only"!

Still I get the same error after ccmake, make:

Linking CXX shared library ../../output/lib/libqgis_gui.so
[ 50%] Built target qgis_gui
make: *** [all] Error 2

Gruss, N