[Qgis-developer] layer toolbar icons

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Mon Jul 8 17:58:02 PDT 2013

Hi,

Following Denis and other's efforts on better icons [1] I want to
propose extreme simplification. In layer toolbar we have 8-9 icons with
'add layer' in context. Let's skip this redundant part (add action and
layer in background) from the graphics. Missing database icons for
Oracle and MS SQL are in [2], and simplified W*S icons are in [3]. There
are more colours, but still in the same palette.

'Add vector layer' and 'add raster layer' icons probably should be left
with only 'layer' sign, as it will be more consistent with 'create
vector layer'.
We should leave also 'create' and 'remove' action icons with layer
background in this set.

Nice PostGIS and SQLite icons by Denis are almost ready. I would just
add them colours.
Original add CSV icon (with two fields on both sides of comma) is better
for me, as comma itself will look very lonely :)
I can make original version bigger and remove 'import' action.

I'm not sure, but your version Denis look blurry. Are you aligning
objects to grid or is it due to increased line width?

Thank you Denis and others for your effort in making QGIS nicer!

best regards,
Robert

[1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/700
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/10333/graphics/trunk