[Qgis-developer] Toolbar and Panel defaults

Alister Hood Alister.Hood at synergine.com
Thu Jul 11 16:23:25 PDT 2013

Hi guys,
I agree with Antonio on both counts.  With the layers panel on the left it seems more natural to have the navigation toolbar on the right side of the window.
And yes, if it is possible to have a titlebar on floating toolbars that would make it much easier to close toolbars you don't want (sometimes it isn't at all obvious which toolbar you are looking at, so you have to go through turning them on and off one at a time until you find the right one).

Also, I think this has been suggested previously, but personally I don't think the File or the Manage Layers toolbars should be on by default.  They aren't like some of the other toolbars which you need to frequently switch between different tools, they contain functions which users naturally look for in the right place in the menu, and in the case of the Manage Layers toolbar I suspect that even for experienced users it is much faster to find the right tool in the layer menu than it is to figure out which icon in the toolbar is the one they want.

Regards,
Alister