[Qgis-developer] Splash screen for 2.0

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:50:07 PDT 2013

>>> I put together a splash mock up here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1166848/splash.png - please commence
flaming :-)

I don't mind the background idea, but I was just thinking why not get some
data of the area and make a map using QGIS itself for the splash.  We can
make some impressive looking maps now with all the great new features it
only seems fitting that we show them off in the splash screen.

It would be good to find a nice new modern font and change the colour as
that mockup makes me feel like I'm living in the 70s.  0_o
http://uglyhousephotos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/100718stcharlesil3.jpg

- Nathan