[Qgis-developer] [Plugin presentation] LayerCombination

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 16:50:38 PDT 2013

Dear Mailing list,

I've been working on a python plugin called "Layer Combinations", which I'd
love to release as stable for QGIS 2.0 (it's still flagged as experimental).

Since it's a workflow enhancement plugin, I thought it could be of some
interest to most of you. If so, I invite you to try the latest version
(0.8, requires QGIS nightly/master), and report any bugs or ideas on the
tracker :
https://github.com/olivierdalang/layerCombinations

You'll find a small explanation of the plugin below, and a video trailer
here :
https://vimeo.com/70446444

Thanks for your attention !

Olivier

## LayerCombinations##

It allows to store the visibility and the folding state of the layers in
the legend in so called "combinations".

Those combination can then be restored, allowing to switch back and forth
complex setups.

The combinations can also be applied to composer maps. The link is dynamic,
which means that if the combination is updated, the composer map will
automatically reflect the modifications.

I find it very handy for big projects with many layers and several print
composers.

Hope you like it !