[Qgis-developer] Various on sextante

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 04:59:00 PDT 2013

> * grass import takes really too long for global data; this makes it pretty limited,
> especially when using in models, where one has to convert to and from several times;
> two possible solutions:
>   * keep the same internal format when two analyses use the same backend (I know
> Radim already discussed about this)

There is already the option to define a grass session, so it minimizes
exports and imports and keep the same mapset across modules. I have
just found out that it is not used in the modeler (!!?? I thought it
was...), and it shouldn't be too difficult to activate.

> * in the manual [0] there is a reference to iterators for vectors, but I cannot find
> the function: am I missing something, or is the manual outdated?

Can you share a screenshot of a parameters dialog of an algorithm that
uses a vector layer?It should have the iterator button, this is really
strange. I will add an image to the manual to make that more clear.

> * I would be keen on starting with saga documentation; can we agree on a format, and
> a way to share it between help and manual, so we can start? I have been checking
> other analytical software, and I think having the manual pages at hand when doing
> analyses seems widespread, and a good way to go; overall, the scope is not very
> different between the two; I'd be grateful if someone could decide, set up the
> structure, and give us a template.

I would like to put the rst files in my sextante-help repo somewhere
where people can easily edit them just from a browser. I think that
would be a good solution, but haven't found any platform to do that.
There are many that can be used for single files, but for 300+ files,
we need something that can automate the first upload.

Cheers