[Qgis-developer] print map series using bash shell on Ubuntu

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 24 01:31:39 PDT 2013

Hi Stefan,

QGIS 1.9x (the upcoming 2.0) has a serial print function called Atlas.
It does not work from the command line but from the GUI. It works well.
As far as I know it also comes with a Python API - so if you can invest
some time you can create your own python scripts for serial printing.

I would definitely recommend to use QGIS master/2.0 and not QGIS 1.8 for
serial printing purposes.

Andreas