[Qgis-developer] Label linestrings multiple times and left and right based on an attribute

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 24 08:06:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to label linestring geometries multiple times with
different label texts. I would like to do this without having to load
the same layer mulitple times. E.g. a label at the beginning of the line
(if the beginning is visible) with one expression for the text, the same
linestring geometry should be labeled in the middle or somewhere along
the "visible" line with a different expression for the text, and again
at the end of the line with yet another text string.

Also I would like to label text both above and below the line, based on
attribute values.

I know this is currently not possible, but would this be possible to
implement in QGIS 2.1?

Thanks,
Andreas