[Qgis-developer] Tools to support code porting to new c++ and python APIs

Gino Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 08:01:23 PDT 2013

Hi,

due to my work on porting qgis plugins to new APIs I looked for a tool
helping me to find code modifications.

I didn't find it! so I wrote a "really bad" draft tool to recursively
grep most of modifications stated in this two web pages:

A) http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/API_changes_for_version_20
(partially supported... i've to complete it)
B) http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Python_plugin_API_changes_from_18_to_20

python code can be found here:

https://github.com/luipir/qgis20_api_check

Inside the code I brutally replicated the suggestion stated in the A
and B websites (I did't find a good way to automatically parse their
content to auto-generate the check script... but I didn't spent time
on it)

brutally grep (without sophisticated regular expressions) generate a
lot of fake messages, but the script helped me to evaluate the
complexity of the work and to point directly where to modify

I hope it could speed-up porting

regardsd, Luigi Pirelli (luigi.pirelli at faunalia.it)