[Qgis-developer] right-click to end the digitizing

Alister Hood Alister.Hood at synergine.com
Thu Jul 25 19:20:04 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 07:38:08 -0600
> From: antoniolocandro <antoniolocandro at hotmail.com>
> To: etourigny.dev at gmail.com, denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
> Cc: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org,
>         regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] right-click to end the digitizing
>
> I do a lot of digitising and +1 for right clic finish only unless you add other actions to right clic like snap to midpoint, snap to edge, etc like other software then my vote would > g8 to double click to finish feature or f2 if that's not patented?

Yes, there are two issues here.
Firstly, it should definitely be possible to finish digitising a feature without adding an additional point.  And I think at least for the sake of new or casual users this should be the default.
Secondly, I think even if it doesn't happen now, eventually there should be a menu on right-click, for things like undoing the last vertex.  I think a little while ago there was some discussion of this along with right-click menus in the composer, but maybe it was just me ;)

Regards,
Alister