[Qgis-developer] plugin requiring guiqwt

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 07:04:28 PDT 2013

2013/7/29 Mauro Alberti <alberti.m65 at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
> I've created a tool in Python, that requires guiqwt for the interactive
> graphical definition of spline parameters. I would like to include it into
> a plugin of mine (for Qgis 1.8), that currently does not require any
> non-standard Python module.
> I don't know what could be the best way, mainly from the user point-of
> view, for managing the absence of this module in QGIS Python.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion,
>
> mauro

Hi,

I would suggest you to check for the presence of the module when the plugin
starts and give the user instructions to install it.

If the module is small, you could also consider to include it in the plugin
distribution and add the folder to sys.path to allow inclusion.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it