[Qgis-developer] SIP API Update

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:24:03 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah Borys or myself will take care of the plugin installer.  Marco is
> going to review the C++ part of the installer and merge that into master.
> Once that is done I will merge SIP v2 into master and update the plugin
> installer. Matthias has a patch that he started for gdal tools.  I'm
> going to merge that into sip update now and we can go from there.

I can lend a hand in testing gdaltools as well as ftools.

I had forgotten about the old plugin installer, no need to update it of
course...

> Thanks to everyone for lending a hand.
>
> The next task is handling this from a PR point of view.  As soon as we
> have the update in master I'll put out a blog post on how to update
> plugins, if you have a blog please do the same.  I know Victor was thinking
> of putting together an update guide. If we could coordinate this effort it
> would be good, so we can have one place to look for how to update a plugin.

great! It would be nice to have all information in one spot regarding
upgrade to qgis api 2.0 as well as sip api v2. There is already a wiki page
for qgis api 2.0, perhaps it could all go there and be linked from your
blog(s).