[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server: about cache management of a layer in two different projects

lami at gis3w.it lami at gis3w.it
Tue Jun 4 03:15:57 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have a problem about cache management of different styles associadet
with a layer present in two, or more, different QGIS projects.

I see that the WMS results for this layers is the same for the two project
if the layers have the same id.

This for the control of the cache layer made by QGis Server:
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/src/mapserver/qgsmslayercache.cpp

No problem if the layers have different id.

But in a classic workflow is possible that fot the preparation of a
project we start with a template project.
So, in this case, the layers of the template project have the same id in
all the derived projects.
If I change the associated style of one of this layers in a derived
projects I don't have change in the WMS result.

Anyone had the same problem and know the way to resolve it?

A solution may be the association layer id / project at Qgis Server level?

I have opened a tiket about it:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7956

thanks for comments
All the best.