[Qgis-developer] Form widgets: decouple widget type from "hidden" or not

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 4 12:34:14 PDT 2013

Hi Matthias,

I probably took a wrong timing for such a discussion. We should
re-discuss this again then 2.0 is out.

QGIS web client does not display different widgets or forms so far. But
we plan to add such functionality, starting from the simple ones ;-)

The GetProjectSettings command delivers widget type information but may
not yet provide all necessary details. I can later ask Marco to add
missing bits.

I know about the already crowded GUI situation. On the other hand, the
table also has its advantages - quick overview over everything and ease
of use.

Maybe the september meeting would be a good time to rediscuss the form
issues again. Jürgen will be there and Nathan will be there, hopefully
you as well.

I'll be patient and wait for version 2.1 ;-)

Andreas