[Qgis-developer] formal QGIS Version

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Sun Jun 9 02:07:18 PDT 2013

Hi Tim, Hi All,

I have a quite urgent question due to our abeyance between 1.x and 2.x: when
the formal version number is expected to be switched to 2.0? Just before the
release? I'll temporarily hardcode "2.0" in the managing/installing and

It's important because currently the manager, installer and loader
(QgsPluginRegistry) accept plugins for 1.x and reject those with
qgisMinimumVersion=2.0 what is pretty unclear, confuses and discourages
authors, forces them to inroduce temporarily workarounds and blocks testing.