[Qgis-developer] Can we remove old labeling from the UI

Cline, Royce L. rcline at nd.gov
Sun Jun 9 14:52:35 PDT 2013

Done. Bug #8030. I set as a blocker as this worked in 1.8 and creates problems importing 1.8 projects into 2.0.

Royce

On Jun 9, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com<mailto:larrys at dakotacarto.com>>
 wrote:

Hi Royce,

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Cline, Royce L. <rcline at nd.gov<mailto:rcline at nd.gov>> wrote:
This is also my experience. Importing a 1.8 project, the default label of "Label" is displayed. I tried using the old labeling in a new project with shape files, postgres and SpatialLite tables. Labeling works for the first field in the attribute table. Any other field and the default label is displayed. Unless this is fixed there is no reason to keep the old labeling. Using Friday's nightly build from Dakota Cartography on OS X 10.8.3.

Please create an issue ticket for this. I don't think anyone has worked on old labeling for a while. Not sure if it has even been updated to work with the new vector API.

Regards,

Larry

Royce

On Jun 9, 2013, at 1:59 PM, Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. <marco.lechner at fossgis.de<mailto:marco.lechner at fossgis.de>>