[Qgis-developer] SIP API Update merged. Attention plugin authors

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Jun 10 06:03:46 PDT 2013

Nathan,

bear with me I have a really basic question concerning you mail and
advice [1]. I use quite a lot of QtSql.QSqlQuerys in my plugins to
retrieve data from a PostgreSQL database. The value() method currently
returns a QVariant. What is it supposed to return in the future or are
only QGIS methods affected by what you describe? In the latter case your
advice in [1] can be very misleading telling people to remove all
toString(), toInt() etc.

Bernhard

[1] https://gist.github.com/NathanW2/5734767

--