[Qgis-developer] Icons for Qgis in svg

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 11 04:42:48 PDT 2013

Hi Damian,

Thank you for your offer to contribute these symbols to the QGIS project.

We plan to release more SVG symbols with QGIS 2.1, after a Google summer
of code project finishes. Arjun will be working on a central symbol
repository where people can contribute and check out symbols.

We do not want to publish them with version 2.0, because too many SVG
symbols slow down QGIS considerably. Often people need a specific symbol
set only (e.g. morphologic icons, meteorologic icons, sports/leisure
activities) - it makes no sense to publish all icons to everyone.

Here is an open feature request: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7981 - if
you could add your icons there (e.g. as a download link or zip-file),
they will be considered with QGIS 2.1

Thanks,
Andreas