[Qgis-developer] Plugin "category" - do we need it?

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Tue Jun 11 11:05:49 PDT 2013

Dnia wtorek, 11 czerwca 2013 o 19:42:11 Paolo Cavallini napisał(a):
> Il 11/06/2013 19:27, Borys Jurgiel ha scritto:
> > So you support the idea of the "about" tag. Paolo, is it ok for you? The
> > plugin details would contain three well exposed fields: Name ->
> > Description -> About.
>
> How would the "about" tag help an user finding its lost plugin.
> All the best.

Like Alister wrote in the ticked I refered:

<quote>

There could be a policy that plugin authors should explain on the "about" page
where to find the plugin in the QGIS gui.
e.g. "XYZplugin provides the ability to do xyz in QGIS, and can be accessed
from the Vector menu".
Or "WXYplugin adds a WXY tool to the standard digitizing toolbar".

</quote>

If you have another idea, please explain what use of the category tag would
you like to see. How would you format the message?