[Qgis-developer] Compilation core.sip syntax error and ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 01:02:11 PDT 2013

With latest master b287661c (but I think that it is happening since
few commits before)  I get error when compiling python:

sip: /home/radim/devel/qgis/python/core/core.sip:1: syntax error

if I run make again, it gets over this error and fails on

sip: /home/radim/devel/qgis/python/analysis/analysis.sip:1: syntax error

and so on, syntax error in: networkanalysis.sip, gui.sip. In the end
it compiles but when I try to run python with qgis libs or QGIS with
python I get:

    from qgis import gui
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initgui)

I am not sure if it is caused by previous compilation error.

What should I do?

Radim