[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 release and plugins

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Thu Jun 13 10:45:59 PDT 2013

Dnia czwartek, 13 czerwca 2013 o 18:48:10 kimaidou napisał(a):
> Hi
>

> 2013/6/13 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>

> > Il 13/06/2013 18:26, kimaidou ha scritto:
> > > Hi Paolo,
> > >
> > > I will try to upgrade Lizmap tomorrow, when I can figure out how I
> > > can have one plugin versino for each QGIS 1.8 and future 2 in the
> > > plugin repository.
> >
> > isn't this covered in the HowTo?
>
> The howTo [1] is very usefull and comprehensive. Though I have not
> understand yet if I can send 2 ZIP files with different metadata (one zip
> for each version) but with the same plugin name, the same plugin version
> (eg one 2.9 for QGIS 2 and another 2.9 for QGIS 1.8), etc.  Does the plugin
> repository manage this ? How 2 plugins called "Lizmap" would be displayed
> in the list of plugins in plugins.qgis.org ?

Hi,
I haven't noticed earlier the repository section is confusing. I'll fix it, for
now just be aware here is the only truth below:

You should upload the two versions with the same name and only set
qgisMinimumVersion to 1.x and 2.0:

You usually DON'T NEED to set qgisMaximumVersion. QGIS assumes the plugin is
compatible with qgisMinimumVersion and any higher within the major version, so
your two plugins will be compatible with QGIS 1.x - 1.99 and 2.0 - 2.99.
Another words, the qgisMaximumVersion is set automatically to
floor(qgisMinimumVersion) + 0.99
This way any QGIS version is compatible with only one of the two plugins.

Now about your question: QGIS 2.0 contacts the repository by url:
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=2.0
so the repo only returns plugins compatible with the requested version.

QGIS 1.8 doesn't attach the ?qgis=2.0 parameter, so we made the repo assuming
1.8 by default. Yes, " http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml " will only
return plugins compatible with QGIS 1.8.