[Qgis-developer] Relative paths in mapserver

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 19 22:31:37 PDT 2013

Shorter urls are easy with Apache using Alias (This is the same way
recommended for Mapserver too) and symlinks.

symlink your qgs documents into /maps

then add and apache alias

Alias /maps /cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi

Now urls would be

http://server.com/maps?map=/maps/test.qgs etc...

Anyone know if you can alias the part after map= ?

Enjoy,
Alex