[Qgis-developer] splash & pics

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 20 06:09:40 PDT 2013

 +1 to have a professional looking splash screen and moving the pictures
 to the about dialogue.

 To keep file size small we could have the pictures somewhere on a web
 server and view then with QTWebkit or pull in the pictures from the
 network.

 In the help menu we could also add a link to "github" and to the bug
 tracker "hub.qgis.org"

 I kind of like the idea to have the most important web resources
 available from the help menu.

 Andreas

 On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:43:39 +0200, Vincent Picavet wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> The splash screen of master version is always a photo of the
>> Hackfest crowd
>> ..
>> And .. How would you include "one of the HF pictures" in splash?
>> IMHO that
>> would not look nice ..
>> And where would you like to add the pictures of developers?
>
> Why not add the pictures in the "about" pages ?
> I had some remarks that having it as a splash screen does not look
> that
> "professional". No trouble to have that in master, but for release we
> should
> have a nice-looking and well designed splash-screen.
> My 2 cents,
> Vincent
>

>> kind regards
>> Werner
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Paolo Cavallini
> <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)