[Qgis-developer] Deactivate raster icon generation by default

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 27 00:54:54 PDT 2013

 Hi,

 A discussion on the german fossgis-user group revealed that generating
 raster previews slows down raster loading a lot. Esp. for VRT raster
 catalogs.

 Can we set this setting (Settings -> Options -> Canvas and Legend ->
 Create Raster Icons (may be slow)) to off by default for new users?

 I think performance is much more important than raster icons in the
 legend. In >90% cases you cannot see a think in these small raster icons
 anyway. Also, a new user would not have the idea to turn this particular
 setting off to speed up raster loading. Even I was not aware of it.

 Thanks,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A