[Qgis-developer] Composer Management

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Fri Mar 1 00:17:50 PST 2013

Hi,
(some unneccessary stuff cut out to improve readability)

-------8<-------------

-------8<-------------

>> I did not fiddle with those 1.8 methods, but thinking about it
>> it should even be possible to do substitution using PyQt
>> methods, i.e.
>> 1) read file
>> 2) do substitutions
>> 3) create the XMLDoc
>> 4) load into composer
>>
>> I will check and report back

I get an error in 1.8:
newComposition.addItemsFromXML(rootEle,  doc)
AttributeError: 'QgsComposition' object has no attribute 'addItemsFromXML'

so it seems not possible to load a template in a Python plugin in 1.8.
No problem I will wait until 2.0.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 8064 (20130301) __________

http://www.eset.com