[Qgis-developer] Makefile rule naming convention: prefer dash to underscore ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Mar 8 04:24:49 PST 2013

I was looking at the new "staged-plugins" rule and to my disappontment
I found it being "staged_plugins". I dunno what kind of keyboard you
have by on mine it takes 2 fingers to produce a "_" sign while it
takes a single one to do "-".

This is an important barrier to usability !

Would you mind if I change all rules to use "-" instead of "_" ?

For reference, GNU standard Makefile targets exist with "-"
but none exist with "_":
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Standard-Targets.html#Standard-Targets

--strk;