[Qgis-developer] Release management and ticket handling (was: Feature freeze commencing the ides of March)

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Wed Mar 13 12:10:11 PDT 2013

>> One thing, while not directly connected to release schedules, is
>> the way, issue reports work. We've got now close to 2000 open
>> issues. More than anyone could handle. I think we need to shoot
>> down some of the non-issues to allow the real bugs to gain some
>> attention. And then keep the issue count down by e.g. automatically
>> closing issues being in "Feedback" status for more than 2 weeks.
>
> IMHO we should be very careful before closing tickets. To focus on the
> most relevant ones, I think the current approach (using priorities) is
> reasonable.

I agree with Paolo,

during the next HF I will close, as usual, as many obsolete tickets as
it is possible. The vast majority of the tickets tagged as "bugs" are
real bugs (less important or more important is not the point).
Probably many tickets tagged as "features" (more or less 50% of the
tickets) can be closed, we will see.

Cheers