[Qgis-developer] Colo ramp manager install error

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:59:06 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 18/03/2013 19:31, Etienne Tourigny ha scritto:
>> I could install the plugin without any error. However, there is a
>> problem with the server hosting the qgis-selection files. I will
>> advise when it is fixed.
>
> thanks for that; could we consolidate the structure, moving the files
> to the main qgis server?

I would like to finish off cpt-city color ramps before 2.0 release.
Here are a few points

1)
Currently, there is a limited number of ramps installed by default :
72 ramps, with a number of variants.

The color ramps plugin allows to install more collections, and also to
update when available:
- a "qgis selection" collection (385 ramps, 600KB as zip, 3MB on disk)
- the full the cpt-city collection from the official cpt-city website
(3000 ramps, 5MB as zip, 40M on disk).

Ideally, I would like to have the larger collection (385 ramps)
installed with qgis - would this be advisable? This would require an
additional 2.5MB of space on disk and about 0.5MB to the installers.

2)
Updates to the "qgis selection" are currently available in a personal
server and should go to one of the qgis servers, as Paolo mentions. Or
we could do away with these if the selection is chipped with qgis.

That would require an available directory to host a few files (e.g.
http://qgis.org/downloads/cpt-city/), can I send these to someone?
There should not be many updates, just every once in a while.

I have tried hosting them on the hub.qgis.org site, but it is not
possible to have directories, which the update script requires.

3)
Integrate the Color Ramps Manager inside the Style Manager UI or in
the Preferences. The update script has been written in python and I do
not have the time to re-write it in c++. But I could update the Style
Manager / Preferences code to match the settings changes in the color
ramp manager.

cheers
Etienne