[Qgis-developer] ECW!!!

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 03:04:42 PDT 2013

Paolo,

It's not so much that you can't change it it's just there a lot of
providers here in Australia to only give ecw out. Some of these files are
big as ecws so converting them to GeoTIFF would be impractical, plus a lot
of work and data storage. JPEG2000 is another option but unless the
providers change then user wont.

Regards,
Nathan