[Qgis-developer] fTools and GdalTools: sextante vs original plugins

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:05:40 PDT 2013

While we work on moving everything into SEXTANTE, a quick solution can
be to add new algorithms in SEXTANTE that call the fTools and GDAL
tools and pop up the current dialogs. They will not be available in
the SEXTNATE modeler or batch processing interface, but at least they
will be in SEXTANTE and we can have all analysis stuff available
there, which might be less confusing.

We should find the way, however, of making clear that this is a
duplicated functionality and that those algorithms are different to
the rest of them

Not sure it is the best idea, but well, I guess it's worth commenting.

Cheers