[Qgis-developer] compiling c++ application against qgis libs on ms windows

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Mar 20 13:06:08 PDT 2013

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Wed, 20. Mar 2013 at 20:17:17 +0100, Martin Landa wrote:
> > Qt 4.8.4 (VS 2010) + VS 2010
> > from OSGeo4W qgis and qgis-devel
>
> Use qt from OSGeo4W and VS2008.

See recent issue ticket for info on downloading VS2008 with SP1 as an ISO
[0], which might be useful if installing on many machines in a classroom.
VS2008 with SP1 produces no critical errors when compiling recent sources.
The rest of the issue about jom.exe you might want to ignore (unless you
want to use Qt Creator with NMake) and stick with VS2008, and just follow
the INSTALL doc very closely [1]. There are some updated .bat files for
launching with correct VS2008/OSGeo4W environment variables noted in that
issue as well (slightly different paths than in INSTALL notes).

Note, while I'm definitely no Windows guru, I have recently gone through
this build setup from scratch on a couple of Win7 64-bit virtual machines.

[0] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7289
[1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/INSTALL#L539

Regards,

Larry