[Qgis-developer] How to embed a mapRenderer object into the QDialog?

fegyi001 fegyi001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 05:27:24 PDT 2013

Dear Developers,

I'm writing a new plugin and I need some help.
In the plugin dialog there are multiple tabs, each contains fields that can
be filled with values. The output will be a PDF file, but before saving, I
would like to preview it into the dialog itself.

The last tab would be the one where I intend to put the preview. I think the
best way would be to use a mapRenderer(), where I can put everything
together. I already know how to save it into a PDF file, but my question is:
how can I preview it into the dialog box itself? How can I connect the
mapRenderer object to a dialog element?

I created a blank, white-backgrounded QScrollArea in the last tab, this is
where I would like to preview everything.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Gergely