[Qgis-developer] QGIS master fail to import raster stretch from 1.8 project

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Mar 27 15:33:54 PDT 2013

On 27/03/2013, at 18:37 , Alexandre Neto wrote:

> Can anyone confirm that master version is now unable to correctly import rasters stretch from 1.8 projects, showing the raster area in total gray? To actual see the raster one needs to Strech histogram. I have tried using TIF and SID RGB.
>
> I did not have this problem before master update yesterday.
>
> I'm testing using QGIS 1.8 (f440b60) and QGIS 1.9 (4189f45), in Windows 7 64bit, installed via OSGEO4W.
>
> Alexandre Neto

Hi,
I'm slightly confused. Could you clarify for me?

If you mean that your 1.8 project has an image with "no stretch" applied and that shows as a grey box in 1.9, then yes this is known and there's an issue reported. I understand it has to do with there being some significant changes to the way vectors are handled in the new version. Once you've stretched the image in 1.9, you should be able to put it back to "no stretch" and still see it. http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6809.

If you mean that your 1.8 project has an image which "already has a stretch" applied that shows as a grey box in 1.9 then I think that's new.
I couldn't see this happening on a mac using 0005467 this morning, but will also check on a win7 box later.

-ramon.