[Qgis-developer] feature freeze exception

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Sun Mar 31 15:44:17 PDT 2013

Hi Tim, hi All,

Last time Martin switched the plugin manager to only use metadata.txt instead
of __init__.py , and now I'm updating installer to use the same.

Old plugins without metadata.txt are not displayed in the manager, however
they are available in installer (because it doesn't know about the lack of
metadata.txt unless the plugin is installed), so it's important to mark them
as invalid after install to explain to the user their state.

Because 'displaying plugins without metadata as invalid' can be recognized as
a new feature and I won't manage to implement it in 15 minutes, I'd like to
ask for freeze exception for this small feature. I believe it would be a huge
regression if plugins without metadata.txt disapeared with no sign.