[Qgis-developer] Logo Update

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:18:51 PDT 2013

Hi !

Actually, even if some of the proposed logos look good, there's none that I
like more than the current one.
Of course, that's because by seeing it and seeing it again, I grew attached
to it... But that counts too !!

By reading this thread, it seems that there's no proposal that
really stands out, and for me, all of the proposals fail to find enough
meaning/graphical strength/consensus to justify a radical change from our
good old logo.

If you search for "logo evolution" in google, you'll find a lot of examples
of logos being slightly refined rather than radically changed.
That would also be a way to go, which isn't explored at all in the contest
(at least in the final phase).

I just made this to illustrate my thoughts (and have absolutely
no pretension of any kind with this) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6xhsl8bv6ns30p/QGis-logo_03_for-contest.png

(I know it's a bit late to come up with this, so feel free to ignore it)

Regards,

Olivier