[Qgis-developer] SEXTANTE commander

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sun May 5 14:42:00 PDT 2013

Great idea Victor.  I remember talking to a few different people about the
same kind of idea a while ago.  Isn't it funny how we all have the same
ideas at the same time :)

Rather then making it a plugin I would prefer to see it built in like the
Python console.  You can still leave it in Python but just load it like we
do with the Python console by using QgsPythonRunner and calling the module.

I like the idea of being able to expand it by using simple Python
functions.  I might be good in the future to have a decorator that has some
basic arg validation or things like checking if any of the arguments are
callable and returning the result.  You could chain methods by handling the
callable switch.

I think we might just need to tweak that combo box a little.  It looks a
bit strange in the notification area that small.

- Nathan