[Qgis-developer] Creating a pool of maps showcasing QGIS upcoming v2.0 features

Antonio Locandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 07:21:54 PDT 2013

Great idea!  I like the idea of the maps to showcase QGIS. Maybe having a widget on the QGIS new website like a photogallery would be nice also

Ing. Antonio Locandro
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Need a GPS map for Central America, Asia or South America / Necesitas un mapa GPS para Centro America, Asia o Sur Americawww.travelinghonduras.com
 Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:41:35 +0700
From: nirvn.asia at gmail.com
To: madmanwoo at gmail.com; anitagraser at gmx.at; qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org; nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Subject: [Qgis-developer] Creating a pool of maps showcasing QGIS upcoming	v2.0 features

Greetings all,

As we are fast approaching the day QGIS v2.0 will be release, I thought it might be useful to create a public pool of nice maps showcasing some of the new features that'll be available in v2.0. That should help writing release notes (as visual examples of features will be readily available) as well as being a nice PR effort to attract new users.

I believe quite a few of us QGIS users, as well as developers, have by now moved on to using QGIS 1.9 to produce maps. As such, we might already have a pretty good number of already-made maps exemplifying what's coming in v2.0. Anita has already posted a couple of nice blog posts with photos, so did Nyall. It'd be a matter of regrouping the maps under one umbrella.

A Flickr group has been set up over here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/2244553@N22/

Nathan and I already uploaded a couple of maps. The concept would be to add maps and a description highlighting the new features (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/60284107@N00/8715653609/in/pool-2244553@N22 for example).

To upload to the Flickr group, it requires a Flickr account, which shouldn't be too troublesome as one can link its yahoo or gmail account to log in.

Is this something you guys would be interested in participating to?

Mathieu Pellerin