[Qgis-developer] Displacement and SLD's

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Tue May 7 10:42:25 PDT 2013

Hi List,
  We've contracted some work on GeoServer to try and get the SLD 1.1
"displacement" tag implemented, because we wanted to replicate the sort of
results you can get in QGIS 1.8 here with the SVG filled green areas:
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/OS_Styles

Those are QML files, but QGIS allows them to be exported as SLD.

So my question is - how should that style be created with SLD's? Does QGIS
does it "properly"? Andrea (who's implementing it), has noted that
displacement alone can't do this, so has proposed a solution which would
work, but would require an SLD file different from the one that QGIS 1.8
exported. His proposed solution is:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-5794?focusedCommentId=324800#comment-324800

What is the QGIS solution to this? Does it implement it at all from an SLD
file? When I try and load the SLD it saves back into QGIS, I encounter a
QGIS bug (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7759), so can't actually confirm it.

I ask because I think one common implementation concept would be better
than multiple divergent incompatible ones as QGIS is used by some people to
style SLD's for GeoServer.

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and