[Qgis-developer] Displacement and SLD's

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Wed May 8 08:41:51 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli <brush.tyler at gmail.com>wrote:

> The way we handle extensions in GeoServer is to use a VendorOptions tag,
> which can accomodate key/value pairs,
>
> We do the same in QGIS, and even the tag name it's the same! ;)
>

>>  in this case we could have something like:
>>
>> <PolygonSymbolizer>
>>   <VendorOption key="gapAbove">10</VendorOption>
>>
>    <VendorOption key="gapBelow">5</VendorOption>
>>   <VendorOption key="gapRight">5</VendorOption>
>>   <VendorOption key="gapLeft">15</VendorOption>
>> </PolygonSymbolizer>
>>

> s/key/name/

Doh, I'm having a bad day, it's name in GeoServer as well

> We already have a <VendorOption name="distance">20,15</VendorOption> that
> handle the distance between graphics in fill, but we are open to a shared
> naming convention, as far as possible.

Now that I think about it, we already have a "graphic-margin" option that
is used in labelling + label shield,
to set the distance between elastic shields and the label,
which has a very similar syntax and allows 1 to 4 values, like css margin
does:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_margin.asp

The name seems suitable for the fill as well, since in the end we're
talking about a graphic again.
Is it something QGis could use?
Otherwise I could have GeoServer interpret distance as an alias of
graphic-margin.

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.