[Qgis-developer] Python script about 'Add delimited text'

Rafael Varela Pet rafael.varela at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:53:57 PDT 2013

2013/5/14 Jiaqiu Wang <jiaqiuwang at gmail.com>:

> I read some posts about how to import 'delimited text' using plugin in
> QGIS.
>
> I have plenty of .csv files to cope with. Do you know how to cope with it
> using python script ? Thank you very much for the help !

You can use both the "delimited text" or the OGR providers. In my
experience, the delimited text plugin is more flexible (for example,
you can exclude lines at the beginning of the file) but it has some
issues in QGIS 1.8 (see http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7493)

As Benoît said you should check the cookbook. Also, you might find
useful the examples I've included in issue 7493.

Best regards,
--
Rafael Varela