[Qgis-developer] Final Logo Pick

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sun May 19 16:18:59 PDT 2013

+1 from me to have some kind of design committee.  If we don't focus on
this area of the project in the near future I feel it will always reflect
an amateur project status, and as we all know that is not the case.
Provided we have a mailing list that we can see what is going on and have
some input if we feel then I'm all for that kind of thing.

I'm happy for Larry to be on said committee regardless of his work on the
logo comp.  Anita would also get my vote. Nyall would also be another
person I would like to see added as he has some skills in this area. Mathieu
(nIRV) is another.

So the committee so far for me:
 - Larry
- Anita
- Nyall
- Mathieu

I think it's best to keep it small or else we end up back in this situation
again.

The current situation is that we HAVE to pick a design from the logo comp
and pay the "winner" regardless of if we use that logo or not. 99design
rules not mine.  If everyone is currently not 100% happy with what has been
presented I suggest that we pick one of Larry's, give him the money, and
ramp up the committee to design something better.  I would rather see the
money go to one of our devs if we are not happy so the money stays with the
project and we can keep working on it.

I will send an email to PSC asking for a vote on this and if I get all +1s
then I will pick Larry as the "winner" so we can all move on and not have
this hanging above our heads.

Regards,
Nathan