[Qgis-developer] I am trying to add a class to core

Benedict Holland benedict.m.holland at gmail.com
Sun May 19 20:32:24 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to create a brand new class for the core section of the code
but I am getting linker errors. I am trying to include gui/qgsmapcanvas.h
and then create a QgsMapCanvas object but I am getting an error which says
that:

undefined reference to `QgsMapCanvas::QgsMapCanvas(QWidget*, char const*)'

I am guessing this is because I am trying to use an object found in the gui
library but somehow isn't getting linked correctly to the core library. I
added the core class I created to the CMakeList.txt and it seems to build
so I assume I did that correctly. Adding ../gui in the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
section didn't seem to help but at least I can now refer to the header as
just "qgsmapcanvas.h" instead of "../gui/qgsmapcanvas.h"

Basically, I can't figure out the magic that is required to link a class
from the gui library to the core library. What do I do?

Thanks,

~Ben