[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] New Icons - difficult to "read"

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri May 24 08:42:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm along the lines of Werner, Anita, Marco... The new "gis" icon set
looks much more professional than the old icon set and the look of the
icon set actually gives the software a whole different look.

 From what I've read here, the main concern lies on the add layer icons
which look too similar. If I remember correctly there was a plan to
collapse them all into a single add layer button. I don't know what
happened to this plan, but that would help to overcome this problem and
enhance the gui as it will get cleaner. Is there anybody working on
this feature still?

Please allow me to ask, which other icons (apart from the add layer
icons) look too similar or have other problems.

For me the icon set is something similar to the logo. The current (1.8)
designs look hobby-ish and need a redesign. But as you mentioned, a
change should happen once only and not in every minor release.

So please let's focus on making the "gis" icon theme better. The old
version gets a big -1 from me.

Matthias