[Qgis-developer] Adjacency Matrix - Connectivity Matrix

Carles Boïls Gisbert fainssix at gmail.com
Fri May 24 09:19:59 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to develop a plugin for QGIS with PyQgis and I am wondering how
is possible to get the adjacency for a network.

I have two layers, nodes.shp and link.shp. The nodes.shp are the vertex of
the links.shp. So my idea was to create a buffer of nodes.shp and then
intersect this buff_nodes.shp with link.shp and get the the attributes
which are connected between them.

I tried to do in this way, and when I intersect the buffer with link
doesn't give me any  file with the intersection. I don't  know if that is
because can no be intersected polynes and polygins or what.

I am new using the libraries of pyqgis and maybe is already developed some
library which calculates it automatically. So...

Anyone knows or has any idea how to get the adjacency matrix of a
vectorLayer?

Thanks in advance

Carles