[Qgis-developer] Ubuntu HUD (head up display)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 27 05:03:36 PDT 2013

 Hi,

 I just tested it. Apparently, this only works in Ubuntu mode (with
 Unity) - not in KDE.

 So it already works for the QGIS menu entries. You need the latest
 Ubuntu 13.04, start QGIS and press the alt-key. Then a text input field
 comes up and you can start typing, e.g. "Postgis" or "Layer" or "Vector"
 - all matching menu entries come up, regardless of their location in the
 menu.

 I do not know if such a HUD could be developed in a
 platform-independent way. Would be cool if it were. But currently this
 looks like a Ubuntu Unity only technology.

 Andreas

 On Mon, 27 May 2013 13:50:07 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Ubuntu HUD seems to be quite new and the information for
> developers is still missing - see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/HUD
>
> Andreas
>
> On Mon, 27 May 2013 11:27:30 +0200, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
>> Not sure.  This commander lists only algorythm, am I right?
>>
>> The HUB idea is create shortcut and search facility for every menu
>> item.
>>
>> Or is it me who's missing something?
>>

>> On 05/27/2013 11:16 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
 Switzerland