[Qgis-developer] External calls to SEXTANTE?

Martin Lacayo mlacayo at stanford.edu
Tue May 28 11:43:32 PDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to make external calls to SEXTANTE with a Python script
or via the command line. I'm interested in using all the
geoalgorithms, but in particular I am interested in the GRASS
geoalgorithms, and specifically in r.viewshed at this moment. Is this
possible?

I found this post which seems very close to answering the question:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/28701/how-to-run-sextante-algorithms-outside-of-qgis-python-console/60725#60725

However when I try calling sextante.runalg I get an error seemingly
related the fact that the code is not being run inside the QGIS Python
console (qgis.utils.iface is None).

Our FOSS software (naturalcapitalproject.org) is developed on Linux
but packaged for Windows. Any suggestions or advice? We are hoping to
reduce our development time and eliminate duplicated efforts.

Thank you,
Martin